View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 08:12 PM   #76
PilotMan
Head Coach

7. IF/OF Joe Miller; 31; 1yr/$164,000 free agent signing from the Sturgis Choppers of the PLB.

Miller was signed just before the start of the season. As prospects go he wasn't a top prospect, however he did have solid numbers in the PLB. After going undrafted out of college Miller signed with Green Bay and staying in the PLB for his entire career. He move on to Sturgis in '82 only having played more than 100 games 1 time in his career as injuries would chip away at him. Even through all of that he was a career .305 hitter with over 100 career home runs and stolen bases. He was never a standout in the PLB, but solidly productive and capable of playing the corners on the infield and outfield. He made more money signing this contract with me than he had earned his entire career up to that point.

8. and 9.

Just before the start of the new year and the end of spring training I fired the bench coach, demoted the manager and fired the hitting coach. I replaced the with guys with much bigger salaries. I felt like it was necessary for the team to progress. I'd like to get a new pitching coach too, but for now we'll stick with our current staff.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote