View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 08:58 AM   #4
Butter
Coordinator

Who Can Join
Preference goes towards members who were in the league last year. Now through noon of Wednesday, August 12th, they are the only ones who can join. Anyone else is put on the waiting list.

Signing Up
IF YOU ARE RETURNING, WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PUT A NUMBER NEXT TO YOUR NAME. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE ON THE WAITING LIST. I will use a random number generator to determine the draft order. I will take the final number.

Draft Format

The draft will take place in this thread once the league has been set up. It is a snake draft. If nothing changes, we'll start drafting at 10 AM Eastern on the morning of Monday, August 24th, 2015.

The season starts Thursday, September 10th. That means we have about 3 weeks to do the slow, live draft. We're going to do what we did last year with 2 hours per pick between the hours of 10am ET and 10pm ET (7 AM-7 PM Pacific) on weekdays. Hopefully we don't have to enforce this but we always have to a couple of times during the draft. If we are not making good progress by the 2nd week of the live draft, we'll shrink down the time window to 1 hour.

The evening rules are still the same. If you had more than an hour the previous night (the previous pick was made at 9pm Eastern), you get 1 hour in the morning (until 11am Eastern) to make your pick. If you had less than an hour, you have 2 hours in the morning (until noon, Eastern). We have to keep this moving and we need everyone checking every night and every morning if it's near their turn.

If there are problems in that you know your pick is coming up but you won't be online, submit a list either to myself or to a proxy drafter for you. Otherwise, you will get the next player on Yahoo's list. Maybe pick someone who is on the opposite end of the draft from you so that you likely won't be grabbing from the same pool of players anyways.

If we are not done by Tuesday, September 8th, we will have to schedule a quick, live draft to fill remaining roster spots. We haven't had to do this previously, so with your help we won't have to do it again. If we end up needing to, though, more details about the forum and time will be provided later on.

If you miss more than 2 picks in the draft (i.e. time limit expired so a Yahoo rankings pick), particularly in the first 10 rounds, then you can be replaced as manager.

IF YOU CANNOT KEEP UP WITH THIS SCHEDULE, DO NOT JOIN.

Rule Changes for 2015

Open for discussion. None being considered right now, as mentioned in the previous post:

In reviewing the scoring, am planning to leave it the same. The distribution is in line with the shift of the NFL to a pass-happy, RB-devaluing league.

In the top-25 scorers last year, there were 8 QB's, 11 WR's, 5 RB's and 1 TE.
Scorers 26-50 were 9 QB's, 10 WR's, 3 RB's, and 3 TEs.
The 1st kicker placed 60th in scoring.
The 1st Def/ST placed 65th.

Last edited by Butter : 08-10-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote