View Single Post
Old 09-25-2023, 09:04 PM   #11107
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Day three for me. My wife's case was mild, thankfully (four days before she stopped running a fever entirely). Now she gets to take care of me. One of the advantages of not working in an office is that I'm never exposed to anything, so I'm unfamiliar with being sick.

I asked my doctor about criteria for going to the hospital, other than the obvious (chest pains or shortness of breath and disorientation). He suggested getting what's called an Oximeter, with which you stick your finger inside and it measures blood oxygen level. He said if that drops below 90%, you should probably seek emergency care.

After most of two days not able to work at all, I find myself trying to work now, so that's a good sign, I think. Most of today, I couldn't even lift my head to read. My wife is not happy with me going back to the home office.

I don't know if Joe Burrow is married, but if so, I'm sure his wife has somewhat similar thoughts right now.

ETA: I had some old tests from last year lying around. When symptoms started, I took one. Negative. Its "true" expiration date was 1/23, so my guess is that it's best to throw away expired tests without a second thought.

Last edited by Solecismic : 09-25-2023 at 09:10 PM.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote