View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 02:53 PM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

My first submission is my set of kitchen knives, from Warther Carvings.

I'm not all that serious a chef, but I do most of the cooking at our home, and from time to time I get into a more serious approach to it all. About six years ago, I received as a gift some knives from this small company in Ohio, amidst glowing recommendations from several family members and friends. Turns out they were absolutely right. I have used Chicago Cutlery (also a gift) and other expensive knives before -- but I never felt the sense of perfection that I get with my Warther knives. They are, for me, perfect.

The hand-carved handles tend to darken over time -- a few of my knives have definitely gotten enough use for this to show already. Some are fairly new (for a set of steak knives with in the last two years, and the French chef knife this year) and still have a fairly light appearance. But it's part of their beauty, to me.

Take them back to the Warther museum and store, and they will re-burnish and sharpen them for you on site, for free. It's even a worthwhile little museum to visit.

And add to all this -- the knives aren't even all that expensive. I think the French Chef knife was less than $40, making it far cheaper than the high-priced stuff at the kicten store from your local shopping mall. And in my book, far, far superior.

Consider that a gift-giving recommendation, a personal endorsement, or whetever. These are great kitchen utensils.

Last edited by QuikSand : 08-26-2004 at 02:56 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote