View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #200
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Next month - Elway to Marino

I love this draft class. So many great players - even beyond the QB's in it.

The popular ESPN “30 For 30″ series of sports movies returns with new installments soon, one of which will focus on the 1983 NFL Draft.

Entitled “Elway to Marino,” Sports Business Daily reports that the movie will be a collaboration between NFL Films and director Ken Rodgers and will focus on the six quarterbacks taken in the first round of that year’s Draft, including the three Hall of Famers: John Elway, Jim Kelly and Dan Marino.

The story will also dive into the significance of this particular class for the league, which was coming off a player strike and attempting to keep the USFL at bay.

The movie is scheduled to premiere on Tuesday, April 23rd and 9pm, just two days before the start of the 2013 Draft.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote