View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 10:12 AM   #56
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am catching up on the weekend's matches and I unexpectedly saw the Harvey Elliot injury. My sensibilities say that it was a a bad tackle but I understood that it was a fair tackle in the EPL. However the player was sent off because according to The Athletic it was "deemed to be serious foul play due to the intensity of the challenge and endangerment to Elliott." That does not make any sense to me. It feel like the red card was a result of the injury and not the tackle. This is especially the case since there is no allegation of intent. I am seeing that Leeds is going to appeal the red card and I agree with this decision. If the EPL is going to punish hard fair challenges when they cause injuries, they need to do the same when they don't and vice versa.

Also, Dortmund is must watch TV for me every week. They are going to score goals and give up goals consistently.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote