View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #563
Thomkal
Head Coach

Wanted to add a couple things before I forgot them.

1) I never told my alliance members or tribe members just how good my physical skills were. They knew that I had several good ones, but I think I would have been seen as more of a threat if they had known I rated Good in Aim and Strength, and Excellent in Stamina and Scrappy. Those Excellents served me incredibly well during the entire game.

2) Due to my Olympic experience, I was more prepared to compete in Survivor. I was able to raise two of my skills by one level. I chose Teamwork, which was Average at the time, and Food, which was also Average. That Good Teamwork certainly helped our tribe in the team challenges. I didn't really want to take Food, but given my food "weakness" I felt I needed to make sure I never got hit with that penalty, and I wasn't sure how that mechanic was going to play out at the start of the game. I should have chosen Puzzles I think, which was Average. I think I would have won a few more challenges there. My Find skill was Poor, which I wasn't allowed to raise, and that certainly hurt me in some challenges.

3) I created my own Daily Action which I never told anybody about. If you reread the rules you will notice, "Miscellaneous action approved by the moderator: Feel free to contact the moderator about spending your effort points on something outside of this list."

I really wanted to take advantage of that, so I created a "judge somebody". It was an action I could use multiple times in a day either around camp or during a challenge. It allowed me to find out a rating of the person I chose, getting more info if I used more actions on the person.

Sadly I didn't think this up to right before the merge and with my food problems didn't get to use it. I found out for instance Danny was Excellent at Puzzles. I hinted that I thought Danny would be good at puzzles to my alliance but never told them how I knew that. So more incentive to get rid of you Danny on my part.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote