View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #876
Radii
Head Coach

Before we start playing out the games we did get our early season notice about contract expiry. With multi-year deals being more common at this level its not 20 people a year like it was at Woking so that's nice. We've only got 7 players expiring this season.

-- ST Alvaro Negredo - signed to a 1 year deal, he'll be 35 early in the season, I can't imagine he'll be here next year.

-- DC Henrique - while I still hope he can help us this season, he is starting to degrade and he'll turn 34 this year. Its extremely unlikely that henrique comes back next season either.

-- MC McDonald Mariga - Mariga has shown great resiliency to age so far. We'll keep an eye on his training and see what's up. He'll turn 34 in April.

-- DR Michael McKerr - he'll turn 31 this year but he's one of those guys who is affordable and his ratings aren't the best in the world but he always seems to come through for me. He'll actually take a $1500/wk pay cut down to $15,250/wk.

-- MC Gordon Donnelly - Clearly someone to retain. He makes $52,000/wk right now and will take a 4 year deal for the same amount. I offer it happily.

-- ST Constantino - Makes $35k/wk right now. He wants $47,500/wk. I offer it.

The 7th guy is Simon Hamilton, a loan guy.

Donnelly and Constantino quickly agree to their new deals. Giving Constantino a raise puts me a little more over my wage budget. We could stand to cut about $26k/wk. If the board isn't bitching and if we're still able to make a profit I'm not in a huge rush to do so.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote