View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 03:45 AM   #894
Radii
Head Coach

October Update

-- We play on the 3rd, 17th, 24th and 31st. Sunderland, Tottenham, Aston Villa and Everton, all but Aston Villa on the road. It'll be very interesting to see our status after this month, our schedule has been easy so far, we've played the 3 teams sitting in the bottom 3 spots.

-- Newcastle's Vladimir Weiss is the EPL Player of the month. Cesc Fabregas at Arsenal is 2nd, Ipswich's own Constantino is 3rd!

-- Stuart Kirkland is the EPL young player of the month! As good and reliable as he is for me its crazy to realize that he's still only 21.

-- Adagsmar's long range goal vs Nottingham Forest is the #3 goal of the month for September.

-- The board is pleased with my leadership (pleased!? Just pleased!? We're in 7th bitches!). Signing Alvaro Negredo is the highlight, signing Cestor Mike is the weak point.

-- We made a profit of $840k last month. That's not much, but the board isn't complaining about us being a bit over wage budget.

October 3rd, 2020

Ipswich (3-2-2, 7th) @ Sunderland(2-1-4, 11th)

Sunderland are 5:4 favorites over us today, we're 7:4. Only 4 matches ever against Sunderland, we're 0-0-4, 3:0 losses both times we met last time we were up in the EPL. Sunderland have 3 goals in 7 matches, they're struggling to score badly.

GK: Capitani
D: Kirkland/Welsh/Quartey/Jackson
M: Adagsmar/Donnelly/Mariga/Gordon
F: Hamilton/Constantino

Troy Brown plays for Sunderland. Well, he sits on their bench, he doesn't actually play. I still don't understand why they purchased Brown. Henrique sits today, Welsh/Quartey. Mariga gets a start for Mills, and Hamilton starts up front.

7': They put 2 early shots on target, earning a corner on the second one, but we clear.

9': Donnelly with two quick fouls, the second one sets up a free kick 20 yards out, the wall blocks the shot behind for a corner. Mariga heads out the corner, they recover and shoot very high.

13': Mariga is hurt, he can stay in, Mills will probably play the second half though.

13': Donnelly with a yellow.

20': their star Nuno Gonclaves receives a pass 25 yards out, turns by Welsh and gets their first clear cut chance, but Capitani makes the stop!

23': We earn a corner, its headed out, Mariga follows up with a shot, its our first shot of the match, blocked and its a second corner which they clear.

38': Another ball to Gonclaves, another clear cut chance, this one is off the right post! Whew.

43': Midfielder Fontas with a yellow for a hard tackle as Constantino skips by him. Gordon takes the free kick, crossing towards the far post, Hamilton gets his head to it... off the crossbar, damn!

HALF: We got a little bit going late in the half, but its all Sunderland right now and we're quite lucky to be scoreless. They shoot 10 times, putting 3 on target and earning 2 clear cut chances. We shoot 4 times, just 1 on target. They win 85% of their tackles, winning everything in the midfield where we have been getting some occasional breakaways from, Sunderland are getting all of those little advantages today. I use two of my subs at the half. Guarin in for Donnelly who is just committing too many fouls with his yellow and I fear a red badly. Mills in for the injured Mariga.

47': We control and build up on offense, Mills puts a beautiful ball into the area, Adagsmar runs on to it and shoots from 15 yards out... its saved, rebound to Hamilton, he shoots... saved! Damn!!

49': They build up, Gonclaves has it 25 yards out... Kirkland sees something shiny on the ground and stops defending, allowing midfielder Sinclair to hang out behind him until Gonclaves finally spots him, he gets an easy finish... wtf Kirkland!! I think that was just a very, very poor attempt at an offside trap. Very poor. 0-1

67': defender Hutchinson with a yellow. So this just isn't working, we aren't getting anything done here, I decide to get a little frisky. McKerr is in for Kirkland. Gordon AMC, Jackson MR, 3-4-1-2.

85': They earn a corner, its taken to the near post, a header goes into the net.. but the goalscorer is called for a foul.

87': Constantino with a yellow.

90': Awwwwwwwwww, we finally get something going, Guarin to Mills, a great through ball to Constantino for a clear cut chance and a goal... but he's deemed to be offsides. That was a very very close call.

Sunderland 1 : 0 Ipswich

No one is really great today on either side, one of their defenders earns a 7.5 and man of the match today.

Notable: Jonathan Quartey (7.0)

Adagsmar with a 6.1, Hamilton a 6.2, Constantino 6.4. Fairly solid defending to keep it 1:0, they shot 22 times and kept the pressure up pretty well. We just struggled so much to generate chances, they tackle so so well and keep us from building up any kind of an attack.

Injury Update

McDonald Mariga has a turned ankle and is out for 3-4 weeks.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote