View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 12:20 AM   #90
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
So... the Pack held out 33 players from the game tonight because of field conditions.

If I'm NOT one of those 33, I'm kinda like... WTF?!?
Shurg, you got 40 players for 20 (13) spots. Get your reps in. (Plus I'm not sure if there was any problem with the field outside of that spot where the CFL goalposts normally are, so it wasn't like they had an elevated injury risk elsewhere.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Patrick Chung busted for cocaine possession.

Any other team would be getting killed for a culture of criminality, but winning excuses everything in the NFL.
]Not a great look, but unless you count Duron Harmon getting detained for trying to bring marijuana into Costa Rica that's the first time a real Patriot has been charged since Brandon Spikes' hit & run in 2015 (little known fact - he was hammered & leaving a party at the Kraft house, so yeah the RKK & Hernandez stigmas are understandable, but I don't see a pattern here.)

Doesn't sound like Chung would be suspended until potentially next year, but I'm not even sure we'd miss him at this point. This Patriots team is easily the deepest since maybe 07? 03-04? With Josh Gordon, Damien Harris & Jakobi Meyers emergence the offensive skill players are deeper than I can remember, the DB's are even better, the LB's are still a couple injuries away from being stretched thin but I count 5.5 good ones vs like 2.5 we had in the past couple seasons (hilarious that we have a chastened Jamie Collins back after the furor when he was shipped to Cleveland). Not sure Isaiah Wynn can match Trent Brown's pass pro level at LT by later in the year, but he was option A last August for a reason & while he's being brought along slowly there haven't been bad signs. Trey Flowers deserved everything he got paid as an all-around guy (and I don't love him off the field), but Michael Bennett has looked fantastic, Winovich looks good for a rookie & Deatrich Wise might make the leap and be the next Patriot DE who gets paid by another team after 2 good years here. A Brady injury would still kill us, but Coach Hoyer is great & Stidham looks as good as Jimmy G did as a backup. Even at Punter we've somehow upgraded from a guy who was legitimately in the Super Bowl MVP discussion (though he needs to work on his holding - Laces Out Jake!) The one thing we're really missing is an above average starting TE, but you know...
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote