Thread: Board Games
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #339
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Picked up 7 Wonders and Ticket to Ride recently...

I am really enjoying 7 Wonders. Pretty simple gameplay, though it's difficult to explain without confusing someone. Playing through a round or two of the game usually gives everyone an idea on what to do. I love the concept of the shared hand - knowing that you only get to play one of these cards and you have to hand the rest of them over to your neighbors is pretty awesome. In our few games thus far (about 4 games), it seems that military is a bit overpowered - if you pass on playing (or burning) a military card it's a huge point swing. I think we may end up toning it down to 1/2/3 points for a victory rather than 1/3/5 if we continue to feel this way.

When I first read the rules to Ticket to Ride, I was actually disappointed. I had expected a pretty simple game, but this game is beyond simple. It is a lot more fun in action than I thought it would be, however. I've only played the 2 player variant, but I lost 2 of 3 to my roommate last night. I ended up one turn away from completing my 6th destination ticket, and the point swing cost me the game. I'm wondering about how the game will play with more players - with only two of us, we were doing a good enough job of blocking each other and competing for routes as it was. With more players and more time between each turn, I'd imagine it gets pretty hectic.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote