Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #786
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser View Post
i think jesse couldve died in the desert, or gotten away right then somehow and never been heard from again, and somehow that wouldve been more of an impactful ending than being imprisoned by nazi's for 2 episodes (and a few months, obviously). jesse's killing todd at the end was fine, but we didnt spend 60 episodes hoping he'd kill a nazi. we wanted it to be between him and walt.

or at least i did.

again, we are splitting hairs here over what is clearly a top 5 ever drama, but i think jesse was mishandled in the end.

It was between Walt and Jesse in the end. It was maybe briefer than you wanted it to be, but I respect that moreso than dragging it out over an unnecessary half hour. Jesse got out from under Heisenberg and got away. They even shared a brief moment of mutual understanding, if not friendship.

I agree that it seemed like everybody else kinda got the short end of the stick, story-wise. But I also feel like the last season especially felt like it was at a breakneck pace, and honestly that is part of the reason people love it. If the goal was ultimately to tell Walt's story and keep it interesting, I don't think you could spend another 6 episodes on everyone else's fallout and still keep that same intensity.

I think they did as good a job as they could, and maybe while not perfect... I think the final episode ranks up there with the greatest episodes of the show. The scene with Gretchen and Elliot... the scene where Walt FINALLY admits that he did it all for himself... and the very last shot of Walt, with the call back to the "Crawl Space" scene and the music... two things the show was really known for: some great musical choices and unbelievable direction.