View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 04:34 PM   #138
ibnsgirl
H.S. Freshman Team

Well, yesterday was a big day in the world of Lucy.

Tony and I took Lucy to the pediatrician for her four-month shots/well-baby check-up. She tipped the sacle at a hefty 15 lbs, 1 oz and is 25.25 inches long. These numbers put her in the 90th and 80th percentiles, respectively. It really surprised everyone when she was born just how big she was -- 8 lbs, 4 ozs, 19.5 inches -- considering that Tony and I were both significantly smaller as babies. I guess that it will all settle down later. Or she will have head specialty.

Lucy did relatively well through the check-up and shots. If she is in Tony or my arms, she is a little charmer, but she is very aware and wary of strangers and isn't too wild about new situations. She cried, of course, but even after the shots, she settled down eventually. She had her revenge, though. Tony and I got our flu shots after her. And yes, she smiled when we told her that we were getting shots, too.

We also got the go-ahead for starting solids. That is going to be fun. We'll have to go shopping for a high-chair/ feeding seat something and a convertible seat for the car here soon.

Tony's vacation time is coming up next week, so we'll be heading up to the folks' house for five days/four nights. It'll be interesting. At 3 outfits a day for spit-up-er and 2ish for spit-up-ee, we'll be looking at something like 354641 loads of laundry once we get back. We'll also get to hear the cat howl for the drive up and back. Other than that, I hope that the trip is not too stressful.
Thanks to my supporters: TonyR (SA Griffins FC), sterlingice (Houston Hippopotami), TK (Real Terps FC), the notorious pirate AE (Puke Green Sox FC), Krondor (Krondor Lancers), Dark Affair (Orient Express), and tucker rocky (Jacksonville Kickers).
ibnsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote