View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 01:31 AM   #107
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Preseason,
We are all set for our first preseason game. Mostly we want to see how well our team works together, and how well some of our backup linemen fair trying to block for Nixon. They don't do a good enough job, and less than 5 minutes into the game Leland is injured. His clavicle is broken and Leland will not be seeing any further action during the preseason. We are hopeful that he will be able to return for the regular season opener. We make it through the preseason with a 1-3 record.

Week 1
Carolina @ Atlanta
Leland is not 100%, but we are going to let him start. He will see rather limited action though as we do not want him to reaggravate that injury.
We let Nixon take about half of our carries and he does a serviceable job. In 24 carries he picks up 93 yards and 1 TD. Not a great day by any stretch of the imagination, but he didn't aggravate his injury any. But I digress. Our Defense stepped up big time today. We shut out the Panthers while scoring 20 points. If our defense is able to play this way then I think we will have a better season than I had hoped.

Week 2
Atlanta 1-0 @ Cleveland 0-1
Leland is still not 100%, but he is close and will return to full duty today.
We put up a valiant effort, refusing to give up no matter how hopeless the situation appeared. Late in the fourth quarter we overcame a 15 point deficit to tie the game with 2 minutes left to play. The Browns responded with a 1:59 drive that ended with a field goal. We lose 24-17. Leland had another subpar day, running for just 91 yards in 24 carries, and he was held out of the end zone. Leland's two fumbles really did not help out matters at all for us.

We are also not helped by a few injuries to our starters. Our LT and Center are both out, and our stud DT will also miss a few weeks.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote