View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 12:26 AM   #118
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

We watch in disgust and disappointment as the Bears upset the Packers, and the Seahawks crush the Rams. Our season is officially over. It is interesting that going into the final week the Bears were leading in the Wildcard race, but with Seattle's win, they moved into first in the NFC West, while the Rams took over the Wild Card slot, leaving Chicago out of the playoffs in spite of a great closing to the season. There are many who wonder if anyone would have been able to beat this team. We will never know.

As for us, we do not make the post season for the first time since I took over the team, and it is the first time in 15 years that a team led by me has failed to make the playoffs. I knew that this would be a rebuilding year, but I still thought that we would reach the playoffs. Things will have to change between now and next season.

Leland finished the year with 487 attempts for 1986 yards and 13 TDs, all of which led the league. He also had 8 catches for 70 yards and a TD. He had the dubious distinction of being second in the league in fumbles with 12.

For those of you who are interested; Jacksonville, in spite of losing 8 games this season, stepped it up in the post season and reached the Super Bowl for the fifth consecutive year. Once there, they crushed the 15-3 Washington Redskins 30-13. This means that they have won 4 of the past 5 Super Bowls. I have never seen a computer run team come even close to this kind of dominance for so long. I am in awe.

Two of my linemen are named to the 2nd team all pro, Sammy Delgado (for the 6th consecutive year) and Jerry Blanchard (for the 4th consecutive year), as well as my DT Tito Marroso.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote