View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 06:48 PM   #24
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
5) Preserving those Halcyon days of winter.

In general, what I'm asking is what would you do about the interface, given that FOF's appeal and advantage is having access to a wealth of information about the football universe it creates.

What do you hate about the interface, and how would you address that without harming what attracted you to the game in the first place?

EDIT-I started this a couple days ago, and now I'm just going to abbreviate it for now based on new information.

I'll just post some specific screens that kinda annoy me as I'm running thru a season.

I like this screen, it was a great addition to the game, perhaps it could be expanded with a column to show the OVR rating of your starting QB, etc? Positions like guard where you need two players it could show the ratings of your top two guards.

Also PR/KR would be great on that screen. It's probably the most helpful screen in the game during the offseason, expanding it for more information would be great.

Also "Right click to toggle active" is great but I'd love it if Right Click did more stuff in a quick menu. Right click plus C=Capout, right click plus I-inactivate, right click plus R, release, etc

Also I dunno if it's possible, but if there was a way to color code the players in general during the offseason so that you knew which players were willing to take a salary reduction or which ones were deemed "overpaid" due to loss of skill, playing time, etc.

On the general roster screen allow the user to hotlist or color code players that he deems important.

-As far as the team roster page, the ability to show starters even during the offseason would make that a lot more friendly I play kind of fast, so it'd be great to show my projected starting lineup.

Draft preview-Perhaps automatically recommend 12 players to interview based on team need/draft position.

Seems like the middle three options were a bit of confusion for newbs, if this stays the same these options should be NO by default instead of YES.

CHOOSE/EDIT COLOR SCHEME maybe needs a different title. If you wanna enable a custom browser it's not where i'd look for it if I knew nothing about the game.

This screen messes with me more than ANY. Basically it's IMO the worst when it comes to the interface problems.

There's 6 depth chart screens, this makes me go on a wild goose hunt to figure out which one has an injured player on it.

I guess maybe would might help the interface would be if there was basically a combined depth chart/roster screen that takes advantage of the amount of pixels in a screen today. If View Rosters was a visual depth chart you could basically relegate a lot of the other options into a top menu option and it would lose a ton of the spreadsheet feel almost immediately. The interface looks ugly cause there are way too many options to be seen from every prompt that it's almost intimidating. -
-For example-
There's all those lines under "Almanac" but I'm going to guess that "Individual Statistics" is the only one that most people use on a regular basis. The other things are fine, but they can get relegated to a submenu.

Maybe focus on the most important things, Roster(and depth chart), Schedule, and Stats, have those things front and center and prettied up a bit. let the more "nerdy" type screens exist in a spreadsheet type interface, but don't have them front and center.

If stuff that gets tedious like renegotiations/etc were all lumped into a process where you could quickly run between them, something like the "contract adjustment stage" which would take what is already existing. instead of click onto a guy, click on negotiate salary, fiddle with the demands(10K bumps need to go up to like at least 100k bumps for the +), hit submit, click ok that the player likes it, exit, repeat process X30 guys, could this be streamlined? Something as simple as player pops up, do you want to adjust, capout, or no(if no, moves onto next guy, if capout it's done and moved to next guy)
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote