View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 03:23 PM   #365
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
I somewhat agree, but I also think its nice to have maybe one meal a day where you can sit and just relax for a while without feeling like you need to eat fast and get moving again. And I also think that, especially with kids, somewhat ignoring all the characters just turns it into another theme park.

Completely agree. The characters are an enormous part of the overall Disney experience IMO, we did it regularly with ours from -- crap, about age 2 on up -- and the experience evolves as the child evolves. It's not just the characters, it's their reaction & interaction with the characters.

Quote:
Do you guys do full meals, or just quick service?

After some experimenting on our first few trips we settled into a routine that worked perfectly for us: one quik-serve per day, one sit-down/full meal per day. That was the balance between feeding & getting that break that worked for us, YMMV of course. One thing I don't really recommend is doubling-up on sit-down and doing 2x per day. Unless it's breakfast & dinner, that's really too much food for the amount of activity you'll be getting and it does become a bit of a time sink like that.

One specific tip I'll offer is to use The Plaza (on Main Street at MK) as an in-between option. It's a notch above quik-serve but the menu & pricing is more in line with QS. That's one spot that would let you get some of the break you're looking for while avoiding the longer time investment your wife objected to. It's sit-down rather than counter service, so you can at least breathe a little bit.

Quote:
Also, 6 year old in a stroller, yes or no?
Nah, I just don't see it. I can't recall exactly when we dispensed with the stroller but I'm virtually certain it was before that. And what a relief it was.