View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 12:46 PM   #371
dfisher
High School JV

My Disney Experience is the pretty much just the name of the website that allows you to setup your account, make dining reservations, Fastpass+, etc. You need to make an account and link your reservation/tickets to the account. You can also pick your color of Magicband for each party member. These are shipped automatically ~3-4 weeks prior to your trip. If you don't pick, they'll just send you a gray one.

Dining reservations can be made 180 days out at 6:00 am ET online, or 7:00 via phone. If you are staying onsite, you can make reservations for your entire trip (up to 10 days) beginning 180 days from your check-in date. For dining, if you are staying onsite, do not just go in chronological order. Do your most desired reservations/hardest to get reservations first, even if they are later in the trip. You might not get those ones if you do them last.

Fastpass+ availability opens up 60 days prior to your trip for on-site, and 30 days for off-site. Again, on-site can book their entire trip (up to 10 days in advance) at 60 days out from check-in. Fastpass availability opens up at midnight. This site: http://www.easywdw.com/category/cheat-sheets/ is great for Fastpass priority. Following his itinerary can save you a lot of time. You can constantly change your fastpasses if you want and there is availability using the MyDisneyExperience app. For instance, when we went last August, we had a fastpass for Space Mountain. We got there and it was a 10 minute wait, so we decided to go into the stand-by line, and I changed my fastpass to another ride for a little later in the day as we were walking thru the line.

Once you use your 3 fastpasses, you can get a 4th from one of the in-park kiosks. You can also get 5th, 6th, etc, but other than the initial 3, you can only make one at a time.

We did the Memory Maker photo package when we went. You get all the pictures the photopass photographers take, and also all the rides that have on-ride photos are available with the package. When you ride with your Magicband on, the ride reads your band and sends the picture automatically to your account without even having to stop at the booth.
dfisher is offline   Reply With Quote