View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 02:10 PM   #393
Easy Mac

Got back from Disney Tuesday after getting down there the prior Tuesday evening. The flights down there sucked (daughter got pulled out of line by the TSA, initial flight delayed 40 minutes, had to run to make our connecting flight in ATL), but we were able to sneak out during a lull in the tropical storm.

The weather was pretty much perfect. A bit hot and humid as expected, so you wanted to die 1/2 the time while wandering around. It rained pretty much non-stop the last 1/2 of the day on our last day due to the storm, but before doing so we got to ride Everest twice and went on the Safari during the storm, which was cool. Couldn't stay for the Lion King show or whatever we had tickets for that night, since we had to be at the airport at 2 AM. Also had rain the day before for about 1 hour, but we snuck into Buzz Light Year right before it started and it stopped raining by the time we got out.

Highlights:
my daughter getting autographs. She loved that. Didn't hit as many princesses as we wanted, but we also didn't do a lot of those meals where they show up. She's always a bit shy in the character pictures, so having her give them the book opened her up a little, and she loved meeting goofy and the like.
Frozen Sing-a-Long. Holy cow that was good. Well, the first one we saw was good. We then went on our last morning and they had a different group of performers... it was horrendous. The first version was hilarious, they were just so much better at improv-ing.

Riding Big Thunder Mountain 4 times in 20 minutes, then riding Splash Mountain 2 times in 10 minutes. We got 6 rides done in 1/2 hour the last morning we were at Magic Kingdom.

Space Mountain. I had never ridden it before, I loved it. Did it twice during the week.

Lowlights:
The Ariel show in Hollywood Studios stopped after 8 minutes. Suddenly the doors opened and the mikes cut out. Ariel just sat on stage. No one seemed to know what was going on after a minute the curtain closed. Everyone slowly got up and left. They didn't let us know what was going on. It took about 5 minutes until I overhead a worker come out and say there was a technical difficulty.

Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Wow that ride sucked. Thank God I had a fast pass, I couldn't imaging waiting in line for 2 hours for that. It was over in 20 seconds. It was like a boring version of Big Thunder Mountain.

Rock N Roller Coaster. My daughter passed the measurement at the start of the line. They measured her again when we got to the end of the line and said she wasn't tall enough. They measured her by slipping a business card between her head and the measuring stick. I understand they have to CYA, but you can't tell me there's a difference in safety in that instance.

Other Thoughts:
The food was hit or miss. We went to Tiffins the last night, and the Wagyu steak was ungodly. I could cut it with my fork... so tender. The rest of the food there was just meh.

The steak at Be Our Guest was delicious as well, as was the triple chocolate cupcake. Buffets were good enough, but the "prime rib" was quite dry the whole time. They're good for getting refueled after walking around all day. The Brown Derby was forgettable. I honestly don't remember what I ate, I think it was the beef. The lamb at Tutto Italia was delicious, as was the Bacio al Cioccolato.

Quick services for lunch were solid all around. Pretty much as good as you can expect, and unlike most theme parks, they actually give you a good bit of food for the money.

Finally, I love Mickey Mouse ice cream bars and they need to be made available at grocery stores.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote