View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 07:12 PM   #69
Izulde
Head Coach

Aissa Laidouni gets hurt in training and is out 3-4 weeks. I'm thinking we should probably look at upgrading the MC spot anyway.

Sessi D'Almeida is now a leading CFA 2 DM, and I think he tops out at that, whereas I see Loreintz Rosier as an eventual CFA DM.

Mathieu Coquin is tentatively interested in coming back, but wants way too much money.

@ AS Mulsanne-Teloche (French Cup Ninth Round)
G: Yorgan Edem Agblemagnon
D: Steven Da Veiga/Joris Gnagnon/Roman Laspalles
DM: Sessi D'Almeida
M: Mathis Clement/Loreintz Rosier/Robin L'Excellent
AMC: Yassine Benrahou
S: Exauce Ngassaki Ndongo/Didier Bouanga

25 - Ndongo muscles the ball off a defender and plays up to Benrahou for the ray out left to Clement. He crosses, and L'Excellent is simply too quick and too fast for his man to keep up with him. 1-0

55 - If you're going to come out of the net, make sure you can get the fucking ball! 1-1

57 - Hamelin swaps in for Benrahou, and striker switch as Gboho replaces Bouanga, though both guys up front have played like shit this game.

89 - Hamelin races down the pitch untouched and then boots it high and left to Clement for the run and cross. Amidst screams of offsides, Ndongo finally shakes off the snide and jams in the short-range go ahead goal!!! 2-1

90 - Agblemagnon makes the easy stop and kicks it all the way down the pitch to I forget who. Pass out wide to L'Excellent and he dribbles before short post crossing to Ndongo. Our Congolese striker doesn't like his shot, so he laterals to Gboho for the insurance! 3-1

We snapped out of our funk late in the game, so that almost everyone has 7.0 or better, including Ambroise Gboho's 7.1 sub showing. After nearly getting yanked, Exauce Ngassaki Ndongo roars back for a team-high 8.9, with Sessi D'Almeida (7.9), and Joris Gnagnon (7.8) the key supports. The PotM was their wily 33 year old AMC, whose best days are past him, but still produces.

That's another $33.6k in the bank, which *might* be enough for us to turn a profit at season's end.

ANOTHER FUCKING AWAY MATCH! GRRR! This is such bullshit. At least it's a team on our level.

@ Angouleme CFC (12th)
D: Steven Da Veiga/Karamoko Kouko/Roman Laspalles
M: Mathis Clement/Loreintz Rosier/Robin L'Excellent
S: Exauce Ngassaki Ndongo/Didier Bouanga

18 - Bouanga kicked the clearance right at an opponent. FML. 0-1

52 - Out goes Bouanga and in for Gboho and striker switch. Rosier slides down to DM and Hamelin comes in at MC.

53 - JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!! 0-2

Only a surprising draw by Thouars Foot 79 keeps us in the lead by a single point. No excuse for that shit.

Transfer In - MRC/AMR Amine Belahmur (22) - Algerian - From Saint-Nazaire AF - $400 P/A
12 Crossing, 10 Dribbling, 11 First Touch, 12 Passing, 11 Technique, 12 Flair, 10 Off The Ball, 10 Acceleration, 11 Pace, 11 Stamina, and an eye-popping 15 Natural Fitness. As much as I love Robin L'Excellent, he is what he is, whereas this kid, who was a star for Saint-Nazaire AF the last couple years, and quality for AS Mulsanne-Teloche a couple seasons before that, is close to him now and has much higher upside. Speaking of which, our one-time rivals are a distant third in the league, tied with TVEC Les Sables-d'Olonne, and behind a team that promoted up and a team that relegated down. The one that went down is leading on goal differential.

Joris Gnagon and Loreintz Rosier come to complain because a lot of players are bitching about wanting to leave due to lack of PT. I placate Rosier, but Gnagnon is furious and wants to leave now. FML.

@ USSA Vertou (French Cup 64e de Finale)
D: Steven Da Veiga/Karamoko Kouko/Roman Laspalles
M: Mathis Clement/Loreintz Rosier/Amine Belahmur
S: Ambroise Gboho/Exauce Ngassaki Ndongo

We're massive underdogs, as is to be expected.

8 - It's about the time Ndongo draws a PK that I realize I forgot to set my kickers. Belahmur is selected to take it, and it's stopped. Ugh. Crushing debut moment for the kid. But that's exactly who I would have picked anyway.

10 - HE WAS OFFSIDES!!!! 0-1

31 - Rosier passes forward to Benrahou, who dribbles and plays a beautiful box space ball. Ndongo is there and puts it away to the raptures of our small traveling fans. 1-1

51 - Hamelin goes in for Clement, Bouanga for Gboho

54 - They keep getting possession back with ease, and we're frankly damn lucky not to be down by like 4. 1-2

62 - Rosier plays it to Benrahou for a short touch and cross to Bouanga in the box. First touch shot hits the equalizer!!! 2-2

70 - Hamelin catches a pass and dribbles to the touchline before centering to Bouanga. A defender is sliding at him, so he passes far right, where Belahmur is sitting. Tap to Ndongo, and the diagonal goes in!!! The kid has been ass in his debut, but my gut said to keep him in there, and here it's rewarded. 3-2

73 - Belahmur's corner is cleared, but Hamelin pounces on the rebound and laterals to Rosier. Hopeful shot that needs some help from the bar, but there's his first Roses score and the insurance!!!! 4-2

78 - The fans left early, and of course they score. 4-3

83 - What the HELL is this?! 4-4

On to extra time we go.

97 - I burn my last sub, sending Gnagnon in for Kouko

102 - Fuck. 4-5

106 - This. 4-6

$19.04k in the loss, where our offense was brilliant, our defense and keeping complete trash. Agblemagnon adds injury to insult, picking up a finger knock that makes him questionable for our next game.

Oh, and Sessi D'Almeida is again out on yellows. Rough two game stretch here for sure.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote