View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #201
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Legally he might be fine. It's the moral issue that everybody is taking an issue with.

He's also kind of the king of Penn St.....if high-level people are being arrested, and people are burning their diplomas and everyone associated with the school is humiliated and embarrassed, that's gotta fall on him too. Sure, he can't know everything, but he certainly has to make it is priority to know as much as possible. "Really McQueary, some kind of vague funny business in the shower, huh? I'm going to ask no follow up questions of you and I won't look into this at all. It's someone else's problem. That should cover me." I think the big guy has to do a bit more there. There's responsibilities that come with being the king.

Even aside from the fact that he may have been able to prevent a lot of child rape, he's also (much less importantly), a key figure responsible for the general status and reputation of Penn St. That comes with being king. If you're king, and your kingdom goes in the crapper, you're implicated no matter what. "It's not my problem" might work if you're an office secretary but when you're the most important guy in the organization, your responsibilities are a lot more fluid.

Last edited by molson : 11-08-2011 at 01:51 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote