View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 03:11 PM   #311
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella View Post
Yelena is my least favorite 1*. As Sack was saying, you really only want 1* characters for two reasons. The first is to be able to complete DDQ. Iron Man and Juggs are the best options since they don't have a 2* equivalent. For me, Iron Man is the only 1* I have rostered. Just to warn you, Sack has a soft spot for 1* Spidey.

Iron Man is the only one I have rostered currently also, but have you PLAYED with 1* Spidey? He might be, no joke, the best Spider-man variant below the 5* tier.

Quote:
The other reason for 1* is you need them while you build up your 2* players, which should be your focus right now. DDQ tacos is the best way to do this. Also, as Sack mentioned, clear as much of the prologue as you can. Lots of ISO, and quite a few 2* covers (Wolverine, Thor, and Storm, if I remember correctly).

I think Captain Marvel has, or had, covers in the prologue also.

Quote:
I like all the 2* except Bag Man and Hawkeye. Bag Man you can only get from PvP, which I rarely play, so no worries there. Hawkeye's powers are all timed, and I can never seem to get them to fire before they are matched. I know there are some players that don't like Moonstone, but against certain opponents, she can save the day.

Hawkeye is definitely niche, but if you pair him with 2* Magneto or 3* Black Widow (basically, any character who can create crit tiles at will), he can mess shit up. He was part of my 2* team for a while before I was turned on to the Marvel/Magneto/Storm trio.

Quote:
Bottom line, if you are short on roster spots, picking which 2* to concentrate on is personal choice. Except Bag Man. He is universally hated.

Buuut if you champion Bag-Man and raise him to 144, he'll give you a Legendary. So he's not COMPLETELY worthless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I just added 2* Bullseye So I think the only one's there I am lacking are Bagman and Ares... I had Ares , but I was in a HP drought for a bit and dumped him and Ragnarok to pick up better characters.
So during this anniversary season so far I have been able to roster Dino, Iceman, and Bullseye... I'm still a little ways away from XFW too! I think I either just hit 40 characters or I'm about to.

2* Bullseye is an essential in the simulator, so that will help you if you're chasing a Gwenpool cover or the 25 CP. I just rostered him for both of those reasons myself.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote