View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 09:10 PM   #343
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Why can't I get this stupid last Black Widow cover that I need?

RNGesus is a bitch. You'll get a shot at her in DDQ every 40'ish days, though, so SOONER or later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
THANOS...oh shi~!

3* AND 5*! I'll probably chase the 3* because at least that way I can have a version I have a reasonable shot at covering.

Quote:
So I got a question again. Who should I sell? I have almost all my 2*s in range of being championed, but should I sell off my 4*s and my one 5* to make room for more 3*s?

As I said upthread, can't tell you who to sell without knowing who you've got. Are you in either TROUT or SQUID so I can look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkem View Post
I'd sell off 4* that you don't think you'll ever use even if you got more of them. When I was in your situation, I was getting Red Hulks and She-Thors.... and I sold them off to make room for 3*'s. These days, 4*'s are a little bit more available than before so things have changed a bit, but there are some 4*s that I knew never fit into my style of play so I tossed em. The 3*'s will be your bread and butter as you play more so I'd put a bit more priority on them vs. 4* or even a 5* at this point.

4* are weird, man. They're "essential" which matters for things like progression rewards; even if they aren't close to being usable, they can matter for your ability to reach rewards you want/need (such as HP) and eventually you'll be at the point where you can play in CL7+ for the extra progression covers and the like. On the other hand, if your 2* aren't championed yet, you're a ways off from that being relevant. Definitely want to focus on the 3* in the short-term. Eventually you'll be able to get 4* covers via CP, progression, and the Crash of the Titans. But I don't know where you've been at in terms of reaching progression rewards currently, so...4* are weird, man.

Quote:
I even made the decision to not accumulate or champion particular 2*'s to save roster slots. I have no Dakens or Wolverines at 2*. Early on, I'd keep guys who you're planning to use instead of hoarding for the long term. As you play more, you can expand your roster at that time.

Daken is the one 2* I haven't rostered. He keeps dropping for me. Stupid RNG.

Quote:
Well I have 47 roster spots right now, but like someone said, I'm in the 2*, maybe transitioning to 3* range. Like this 5* Dr. Strange I have, he's just messing up my starting level as far as PVP events go, right? Alot more so than the level 70 Jane Foster or X-23, right?

4* won't mess up your scaling nearly as badly as 5* will, because as your 2* reach champion level, they'll be 94+. That one-cover 4* is only level 70, so any scaling naughtiness you see is going to be entirely your 2* and 3* at work. A 5* will tip those scales, but "how" is a little fuzzier.

A 5* gets treated similarly to a champion 4*, from what I understand, so you may be seeing fights you can't win in PVP as the game looks at the 5* and says "oh yeah you should be seeing 4* teams in your MMR."

PVE/Story is a little different. it used to be that your top 3 or 5 characters by level determined scaling, but supposedly a fix was coming such that number of covers would be weighted more heavily than levels. I don't know what ever came of that.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote