View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 09:56 AM   #346
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
There was no room in TROUT or SQUID last time I checked, but this is my roster

1* s - Spiderman (50), Iron Man (50), Storm (50), Black Widow (40), Juggernaut (40), Venom (40), Hawkeye (20)

2* - Storm (107), Thor (103), Human Torch (101), Captain Marvel (100), Magneto (98), Hawkeye (97), Moonstone (97), Wolverine (97), Black Widow (86), Daken (81, but 13 covers, plus extras), Steve Rogers (40, 12 covers), Ares (25, 12 covers), Bullseye (15, 12 covers), Spider-man (15)

3* - Storm (66, 5 covers), SWitch (53, 4 covers), Dr Doom (53, 3 covers), Quicksilver (53, 3 covers), Hulk (45, 4 covers), Loki (45, 3 covers), Sam Wilson (43, 3), Capt. Marvel (40, 2), Spider-man (40,2), Vision (40, 2), Black Panther (40,3), BWidow (40,2), Ragnarok (40,2), Daken, DocOck, HTorch, Iron Man, Magneto, Sentry, Thor (all 40, 1)

4* - X-23 (74,2), Wolverine (74,2), Gwenpool (70,2), GhostRider (70,1), JaneFoster Thor (70,1)

5* - Dr Strange (1 cover)

As far as scaling goes, if I do level 5 clearance for story mode, I usually finish around 100 for each day, and for the event in general. Enough to get some elite tokens out of each at least. PVP is a different story, sometimes I will get some matches early that I can handle easily, but right now I am getting opponents well above me.

That is, truthfully, too many 1* for your roster strength unless your intent is to collect every character in the game. Which is legit, if that's how you roll, but you're holding yourself back otherwise if you're debating selling 4* to make room for someone.

Put another way: you've got half the 2* roster championed already, and another who well COULD be if you have 65k ISO lying around (if Daken has extra covers, and you have the ISO, do it). 2* champions feed you resources and 3* covers, which will help with your transition to the 3* game.

I would drop 1* Hawkeye. You have barely any ISO invested in him to this point, and he's completely superfluous.

1* Storm and 3* Storm are functionally identical. Their powersets are only marginally different from one another, and 3* Storm is stronger. Sell 1* Storm and don't look back.

The rest of your 1* can all make cogent arguments for sticking around, but over time - especially as your 3* roster gets stronger - most of those characters are going to be good for little more than getting bonus XP for sending teamups to your alliancemates. Iron Man, Juggernaut, and Venom are all capable of clearing the 1* fight in DDQ on their own, and they all also have the benefit of not having a 2* variant who can lock them out of that fight the way Spiderman and Widow do. There are also characters at higher tiers who can replicate Widow's stun, which kind of marginalizes her. 1* Spidey is just a badass when he's powered up, so I honestly wouldn't blame you holding onto him.

But Hawkeye and Storm 1* should be shown the door and Widow should probably be on thin ice if you need a roster spot as well. The others are kind of a judgment call. How often do you use your 1* with that nice little 2* champion setup you have going on?

The only 1* I carry currently is Iron Man, though I'd like to eventually have the room to bring back 1* Spidey. Otherwise, those roster spots are too valuable with new character releases for me to hang onto 1* I wouldn't use.

I can make room for you in SQUID if you want in, but I can't promise that the alliance rewards will be any great shakes compared to what you may have gotten in whatever alliance you're in. My main requirement is "Play daily," so you'll get the daily resupply ISO bonus, but I really don't know what the alliance rewards look like in PVP/PVE for folks who play regularly, because about all I do is DDQ with that account. :-D
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote