View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 01:22 PM   #349
dunkem
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
There was no room in TROUT or SQUID last time I checked, but this is my roster

1* s - Spiderman (50), Iron Man (50), Storm (50), Black Widow (40), Juggernaut (40), Venom (40), Hawkeye (20)

2* - Storm (107), Thor (103), Human Torch (101), Captain Marvel (100), Magneto (98), Hawkeye (97), Moonstone (97), Wolverine (97), Black Widow (86), Daken (81, but 13 covers, plus extras), Steve Rogers (40, 12 covers), Ares (25, 12 covers), Bullseye (15, 12 covers), Spider-man (15)

3* - Storm (66, 5 covers), SWitch (53, 4 covers), Dr Doom (53, 3 covers), Quicksilver (53, 3 covers), Hulk (45, 4 covers), Loki (45, 3 covers), Sam Wilson (43, 3), Capt. Marvel (40, 2), Spider-man (40,2), Vision (40, 2), Black Panther (40,3), BWidow (40,2), Ragnarok (40,2), Daken, DocOck, HTorch, Iron Man, Magneto, Sentry, Thor (all 40, 1)

4* - X-23 (74,2), Wolverine (74,2), Gwenpool (70,2), GhostRider (70,1), JaneFoster Thor (70,1)

5* - Dr Strange (1 cover)

As far as scaling goes, if I do level 5 clearance for story mode, I usually finish around 100 for each day, and for the event in general. Enough to get some elite tokens out of each at least. PVP is a different story, sometimes I will get some matches early that I can handle easily, but right now I am getting opponents well above me.

Looks like you're not quite at the 3* area where you're using them primarily so for now 2* will carry you. The 1*'s after a while, I was only using the same 3 guys for DDQ so I chucked the rest. Unless you use them, I'd get rid of Venom and Hawkeye. Personally, I hate playing against juggernaut, but hated playing with him since he self-inflict damage and you end up having to wait for him to health up again before using him. While what Sack said is true about 3* Storm being the same as 1* storm, in the early going, 1* storm may be good to keep around since she's great with guys like 2* Thor. When you cover up the 3* Storm, you can get rid of 1* since she'll just be a weaker verson at that point.

3*..... I would get rid of guys you won't ever use. Sentry is garbage to me at any level (unless they do something to him). Doc Oc, specialty guy who will have difficulty fitting into a team at low covers. Pretty much I'd prioritize guys who you'd ultimately play with in the end and, for now, bump those others out.

You'll always be in this tough situation with PVE (story mode) like Sack said about "essential characters" or even a DDQ... but you can't keep everybody so earlier on, you just have to bite the bullet. Either that or just keep those one covers in your inventory until the last minute and if they become "necessary", you roster them for the challenge and then make a decision whether he's a short term hold or not.

At your level, 4* guys are kind of taking up space. Again, they may help if you need them in a PVE challenge node, but if you're up against a roster cap and you reallly think you want to play with a 3* in your gamestyle, might be better to take the 3* over keeping the 4*. I'd only keep the 4* if I possibly had multiple covers and/or they're part of daily rewards like Sack said in the past.

5* are so rare even if you play a buttload that even at my playing level, I'm conflicted about keeping some of them..

My fastest path better my roster was playing PVE's.... but it's a MASSIVE time investment. I've had to give it up because I couldn't afford 3 hours a day .. If you "complete" them though, you'll probably end up getting great progression and placement rewards that will accelerate your 3* covers.

Playing PVP's consistently also helps.. the Heroic ten pack is pretty attainable if you average 400 to 500 per PVP.
dunkem is offline   Reply With Quote