View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #81
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
This isn't taking anything away from the Pats, but it's amazing how year after year their division schedule is six JV games.
Well, 4 - usually one team is frisky (this year Miami). But I was hanging out with a mixed group of Pats/Jets/Dolphins/Giants/Eagles fans a few nights back, and people were talking a little smack here and there (Hernandez this, Gronk that, Tebow, "no WR's", Lions just smoked you, etc), but it doesn't even get a rise out of any Pats fan I know at this point. It sounds incredibly cocky, and I swear none of us is some stereotypical Masshole fan who thinks we're some unstoppable juggernaut that should win a Super Bowl, but we're all just confident we'll win 10+ games and make the playoffs (barring a Brady injury), and even the opposing fans all acknowledge that (while following up that Eli or the Ravens would beat us in the playoffs again or whatever). Outside of those first couple Rex Ryan years we really haven't had an in division rival since the late 90's - we all measure ourselves against the Colts/Steelers/Ravens/Giants/Broncos/Chargers, and I think that's helped drive the perception of Boston fans as elitists, when really a lot of it is a product of having a really weak division. Especially when considering all the measures intended to help achieve parity in the NFL, it's been a ridiculous 10-12 years.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 08-26-2013 at 11:14 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote