View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 03:00 PM   #4017
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
You mean the ref's performance?

Considering how hard that's being ripped, I was shocked to see anybody praise that "fight".

This is the Dana White narrative because he's pissed his plan for TJ to close the Flyweight division failed.

TJ looked like a meth addict after the weight cut and had nothing, every punch Cejudo threw landed and hurt him. Cejudo - not known for his striking, mind you - killed him and deserves the credit. If the fight went another 5 seconds, TJ would have been unconscious and the media would have been whining about how the refs don't protect the fighters, and that ESPN dropped the ball by buying into a sport like that.

My favorite was TJ wobbling around while he was protesting the stoppage. He was done. Some refs would have let Cejudo get a few more punches in, and that would have been fine, but it had no impact on the outcome of the fight. He reminded me of Michael Chisea throwing a bitchfit after Kevin Lee choked him out and the ref called it after Chiesea's arm went limp and flailed around. Like, that was part of his plan all along? They were playing possum? TJ lasted less than 30 seconds before being put down, he doesn't deserve to claim he was screwed. Both he and Chisea only got to complain afterwards because the refs saved them. In retrospect, I wish the ref gave Cejudo even more of a chance to humiliate TJ, and I wish Lee had the chance to hold on to the choke a little longer, but, they won fair and square. I hate it when the dominated losers in these scenarios try to paint the fight outcomes as flukes when they clearly both sucked hard.

Last edited by molson : 01-20-2019 at 03:09 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote