View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 08:30 PM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Post Camp, I make some signings: RB Gary Cattell for 1 year, 300k. RB Bert Davison, Georgia Tech, 1 year at 300k, TE Jay Tant, 1 year, 600k.

That finishes up patching my roster so it works. Let’s do some final massaging

OT Gary Conley busted badly. I release LB Ryan Phillips. I sign Ryan Young to another one year contract. I suck it up and cut Gary Conley. I cut CB Howard Toler. I need a true nickelback and I pay Paul Ford 1.3 million for a one year deal to be it.

I extend Matt O’Dwyer’s contract by two years.

I release Rob Konrad. I sign RB Rodney baroque to a one year 1.5 million deal to spell Eddie George.

There are a ton of great players in free agency. Great DEs, a starting caliber QB, and more. These are players that were drafted four years ago, and they demanded too much in RFA negotiations, so the computer held on to them until is was forced to drop them in the FA pool. I did the same, frankly. Best player in the FA pool - QB Joe Hamilton. If I had not drafted Allard and I was going with Grbac, I would have just gotten saved. Other examples include DE Renaldo Francis, OG Antonio Sederth, and DE Morris Lattimore.

I sign one of them right now. P Blaine Baldridge. I cut Josh for him, and I can only sign him to on year, but next year I can make him some nice offers to stick around permanently. Perhaps a good target for franchise tag. Would I franchise a Punter? Well, if its one with 81/81/74 stats and just 4 years experience I might.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote