View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #292
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Does the upcoming new rule no longer requiring permission to contact other schools and essentially creating a database of eligible transfers for coaches to pick from apply to all sports, or just some? I know it applies to softball, since that's the only sport I need to carefully follow.

It's funny seeing everyone up in arms about football players transferring whenever they want. I don't think any sport but football and basketball has the sit a year rule, so it's like free agency every spring in softball. Coaches could play games with the permission rule - which is going away now - and they can still restrict in-conference transfers, but it's like the wild west at the end of every season. FSU won the WCWS this past season based largely on the strength of a senior transfer pitcher they poached from FIU to replace a graduate from the previous year, and OU has brought in multiple stud transfers. They are following the FSU model this coming year, grabbing an FAU pitcher to help replace 2 senior pitchers who graduated.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote