View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 10:37 AM   #158
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 - We lose on the road, in our first game, to the division champ from last year. 16-21. Aaron Witt got us a TD on the ground and Moe Paradis caught on in the air. Witt had 101 yards on 17 carries. Rex Alcott was 17 of 27 for 159, and 1:0 ratio. Mike Compton had 4 KRB.

Week 2 - We mangle the Jets 38-6 the following week. That’s a score I can get used to. Our scores: Rex rushed for a score, Witt ran for three scores. Witt was Game MVP with 156 yards on 31 carries plus the 3 TDs. It’s awesome to finally have a real back. Alcott was 24 of 32 for 244, and a 1:0 ratio, a very respectable day. Paradis caught a TD as well. S Tuttle had 2 picks and LB O’Neal added a pick. OT Long had 4 KRB. Cleeland will be out for a few weeks with a broken finger but I’ll start him at questionable anyway.

Week 3 - We edge Miami 20-17 in OT. Wayne Chrebet caught a 61 yard ball from… Marlon Strickland? Witt added a 20 yard TD run. Witt was held to 76 yards on 22 carries. Strickland was 14 of 29 for 193 and a 1:0 ratio. Chrebet had 111 yards on the day. Coakley recovered a fumble for us. Obviously Alcott was injured a bit on the day, but it will not carry over to next week. Glad I got Strickland now.

Paradis and Coakley are now questionable too, but I’ll start everyone.

Week 4 - We get drilled by Chicago 35-10. Our lone TD came from Rex Alcott hitting Rex Hanks for a 70 yard TD on the opening drive of the game. Witt had 75 yards on 14 carries. Alcott had an okay day. Yuk.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote