View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #180
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 - We open with a crushing victoire! 38-7 over the Seahawks. Game MVP was Tony Clements with 26 of 33 for 298 yards, 3:0 ratio. Now THAT”S a QB ladies and gentlemen. Witt is knocked out and Ragan gets 100 yards on 31 carries and a rushing TD. Gall, a patch, had 160 yards on 11 catches and 2 scores. Ed Gardener, in his opening game, had a TD catch. Glenn - 2 sacks. Loverne, 2.5 sacks. S Reggie Jenkins, the rookie, got a pick and returned it 651 yards for a score. Our other starting rookie D Back got a pick (CB Morabito). We recovered three fumbles (DT Meadows, Lynn, Clemons).

That is how I want to play football!

Paradis is deactivated after going to questionable. Witt is probable and will start next week. Next week‘s opponents, the Patriots, will be a true gauge of our progress.

Week 2 - 24-3. We didn’t lose. Game MVP was RB Aaron Witt with two rushing Tds, 107 yards on 27 carries. Clements was 16 of 24 for 216 and 1:1, hitting Kelly for a score. WR Lynn had 135 yard son 6 grabs. Morabito had another pick. Whitfield added a pick. Phil Lee announced his presence with 2 sacks. We got a fumble recovery on special teams too.

CB Stephen Crownheart is questionable and I deactivate him to start Jack Huntley for a few weeks.

S Duane Abrams is out VERY LONG TERM so I IR him. I sign patch S Mitchell Joyner for a year to replace him.

Week 3 - We smash Carolina 38-13. S Mitchell Joyner, in his first game, is MVP with a 32 yard pick for a TD to go with 9 tackles. Witt 22 for 115, 2 Tds. Clements - 19 of 28 for 186, 2:1. Gall and backup TE Battles caught TD passes. Jack Huntley got a pick in his first start plus a fumble recovery. C Wright had 6 KRB.

LB Ed Feely is doubtful with a broken foot and I deactivate him. No sense risking him. Gerhardt is back from injury.

Week 4 - We lose to 3-1 Miami 20-27. Brock Gall and Rex Hanks catch Tds. Witt adds 189 yards on 29 carries. Clements was 18 of 35 for 233, 2:0. Loverne had 1.5 sacks. C Wright added 5 KRB.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote