View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #200
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 - We lose to the Jets 17-21. There went our undefeated streak. Ed Gardener caught a TD pass and newly minted nickel back Stephen Crownheart had a pick and return for a score. Witt was held to 64 yards. Clements, while not tossing a pick, was held to 10 of 22 of 94 yards and 1:0. Ouch. Crownheart had two picks total. Torres had our lone sack on the day, he first full sack of the season. LB O’Neal got another fumble recovery.

Clements is banged and dropped to questionable. OG Cloutier is similarly dinged. Both will start next week.

Week 6 - We lose 6-15 with a horrible performance against the Dolphins. It was one of those nasty rough matches, and we left with a whole lot more injuries than we entered with.

I’ll skip the injury report and stats for this week, if you don‘t mind.

Week 7 - We get revenge for our thumping last week by just hammering the Steelers with a final score of 50-14. That’s revenge! Witt is Game MVP with a 46 and 54 yard TD runs, 174 yards on 20 touches. Clements had 2 picks and just one TD, before he was injured a bit more. He hit Paradis for our only aerial score. Huntley and Peterson added picks, and Huntley returned his for a score. Torres led the team in tackles and had 1.5 sacks. OG Cloutier had 4 KRB. Fackleman had a 102 KR TD. Scores defensively, special teams, on the ground, and in the air, plus 5 FGs. Nicely done!

DE Phil Lee is knocked to questionable for several weeks with a broken finger. I deactivate him. Huntley is questionable with a concussion and I deactivate him as well, starting Crownheart in his place.

Week 8 - We defeat New England again 36-10. Witt was Game MVP with 10 and 5 yard TD runs, 106 yards on 21 scampers. Clements was 19 of 30 for 206 and 2:2. He hit Gardener and Webster. Crownheart and backup Burke caught picks. Ed Feely recovered a fumble.

Clements is still nursing an injured elbow but he is probable these days.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote