View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 01:25 AM   #205
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

July 23, 2012
We've added 18 y/o D/MF Theo Brown on a p.a. basis ($180 per). Lots of potential in this former Leicester prospect. Whether we can tap into it remains to be seen, but it's there.

July 24, 2012
Blyth at Ryton (Lower Div) - Friendly
GK - Knight
D - Slaughter - Williamson - Jones - Pearson
MF - Phillips - Harrison - Whiteley - Janneh
F - White - Aite-Ouakrim
(Available subs: cast of thousands)

I remind them that there's places up for grabs & to go impress me.
4-4-2 Standard

28:00 - Aite-Ouakrim was knocked on a challenge in the opening couple of minutes, his fitness is quite low, can't let him keep struggling with it.
Sub Christensen in

38:40 - Christensen chases down a long ball by Pearson in the right channel ... feeds into the area for White, his shot is blocked ... Harrison finds the rebound out top & fires ... GOAL ! (1-0) Nice follow on by a guy who had stupidly picked up a yellow card earlier, turns his day around neatly

45:00+ - Extra time, corner for Blundell ... goes to the far post for Flanagan, who heads it to the opposite post to draw level (1-1)

Halftime - A rather pedestrian outing thus far, 8-5 shot edge but only 49% poss. Our passing is rather sloppy (62%) and we're a little soft defensively.
Sub Hoy for Pearson, Sawyer for Janneh, switch to Attack to open the half

46:05 - Christensen with his back to the goal ... turns to find White entering the area ... Bang (2-1)

56:00 - Sub Musungu for Slaughter (Phillips to LD), Stamp for Harrison (White to LCM)

59:00 - Christensen takes a knock, Sub Rickard on
66:00 - Sub Robson for Whiteley (Rickard to MR), Smyth for White, Dalton for Knight, Kulsten for Phillips ... switch back to Standard
88:00 - Sherry gets a red card for leveling Robson from behind in the offensive third

Fulltime - 15-9 on shots, 51% of poss. just a rather blase performance although in fairness there weren't too many regulars out there against a lower division side. Jones is MOM (7.4) with a dominating performance in the air (7/8 headers won, 11 interceptions). Christensen was very productive (7.4, 2 assists) in his time at forward.