View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 11:04 AM   #7
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

Before the race begins the game keeps telling me I have the wrong tires for the weather conditions. I continued to change them until it – the game - was happy. Dembele starts in 12th and Valdes in 17th.

Two laps into the race both drivers are complaining that these are the wrong tires. So, since both had dropped back to last and next to last, I have them pit and switch to the wet weather tires. They proceed to run the rest of the race in last and next to last place. Neither is even remotely close to competitive, and I believe both ended up getting lapped. The Munich track is much more “technical” than the Black Sea track. The Black Sea track features longer straightaways and few tight turns. So, unsure if it was the setup of the cars or the drivers, but all in all a very disappointing result.

After the race, we get the scouting report on Lisandro Cruz. He’s exactly what we are looking for in a reserve driver. Youthful and talented. Having no idea what is fair or reasonable, he’s approached to sign a contract with us. He rejects the initial offer. I present a revised offer which is roughly $300k per race, with a couple hundred grand signing bonus. He rejects it. We aren’t in a financial position to pay him that much money as a reserve. Will be interesting to see if he shows up on another team at some point in the future, or if over time he will consider other offers for us.

In other news, Beijing is voted in as a new track for next season. We voted for their inclusion as it was projected to be helpful for lesser teams like ours.
pbot is offline   Reply With Quote