View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 10:31 PM   #343
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Cross posting...

My feeling is if you're trading up to 3 & picking a QB because Kyle Shanahan can make a rookie look great that could be an organizational decision, but when it comes to the guy of the 3 options you listen to freaking Kyle Shanahan & take the guy he wants.

Re: the Patriots I think we're in the same spot we've been in for awhile - let the Niners take who they want at 3, wait until the 4th QB gets taken (unless you're very convinced one of the left is worth trading up for, and fwiw while I like Lance the best early reports did have us zeroing in on Jones, though that was before he was mocked to others at 3), and then decide if you want to trade up to beat Washington(/maybe Pittsburgh or New Orleans), or if the cost is too high & you want to hope a Jimmy G or Teddy B is available for like a 5th post-TC.

The wildcard in that is just how much WFT or the others value QB #5, because as much as I'm not convinced we can be more than an AFC semifinal team with Cam I'm also not convinced we need to drop multiple future picks including at least 1 1st to trade up from 15 when there's a solid chance QB#5 falls to 15. (At which point Bill would pass him up for Parsons or be the one trading back with WFT to mess with people )
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote