View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 10:21 PM   #805
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I am doing it online. I really like it. I have the app on my phone and I use it all the time. It's handy for tracking my exercise and food. I love knowing immediately what I have and don't have left. I love the instant calculator. I keep my phone out the entire time I grocery shop. I've put more than one item back on the shelf or freezer after seeing the point value.

I started after the new points plus program started so I have no qualm with the way it's done now...because it's the only way I know. I enjoy it more than counting calories. A lot more. I feel the point system has helped me quite a bit more.

I don't do the forum/meeting stuff. My fiance keeps me grounded and motivated enough.

As for the cost, I paid for three months in December. I had some sort of deal then that kept my initial cost down. I believe I used an online coupon code to drop it further.

Essentially, at 169 pounds now I have 36 points a day. An hour work out a day nets me another 4-5 points. I also have 49 flex points to spend over the week. I weigh in on Sundays. Truthfully, I weigh every morning, but for WW purposes, I weigh on Sundays.

I typically spend 10-15 flex points on Sunday right out the gate. I've already weighed in, I splurge a bit that day because I can afford to. Monday's weight won't necessarily be pretty but I'll fend it off by the end of the week, and I have for over a month now.

I have never spent all of my flex points in any given week...and I tried my hardest to do so over Christmas. I mean, I held tight to my spare points for that day and ate a bunch that day...and I still couldn't knock them all of.

The points keep me portion minded. Breakfast is light. A cereal bar, some raisins. Lunch is most likely to include a salad of some sort. I can afford dinner to be larger...though I usually settle on a good Healthy Choice type frozen meal when I'm alone (or any of the other frozen type entrees, although there are a number out there that say "healthy" that aren't necessarily). With my fiance, I might actually push the limit and possibly go over...but again, I play it smart. I keep on top of what's going in.

I have tracked every food that has entered my body.

It gets tricky...particularly if you eat at a local place that isn't going to have fat/carb/protein information. For that, I try to find a suitable substitute in the system and budget an extra half portion for whatever it is. I hate doing that but I feel it forces me to pay a penalty for not really knowing...and I'd much rather over-estimate than under.

For example, today I had a large chef salad that was probably the worst chef salad ever for me. Dressing of some sort, two types of cheese, I can't even tell you what type of meats were in it. It was horrible for my diet. I know it wasn't over 4 cups, but I put 6.

Despite a very healthy WW dinner (fiance and I made WW recipe chicken, meatballs, and oven fries), I still managed to be over on points for the day. It's very possible I'm not as bad off as I look today, but I'm going to operate as if I was. Since it affects my flex points (it cost me 4 of them I believe), it has the potential to hit me in the long run.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. You might want to know about that supplement as well. I love it.