View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 09:01 AM   #1066
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, quarterback. Based on my prelim look-around, there's nothing noteworthy about to drop into free agency. So, my ability to just drop a bomb there and remake the team seems... limited? Shouldn't rule out a trade, of course. But, it seems unlikely we have "the answer" at hand. So, Levine was... pretty passable. We're not slinging it for 7,000 yards like the guys who do that, but the two young WR seem to be an important step in the right direction, I think. So, it's time to think this offense is capable of doing things. We have Levine signed for a few more years - so maybe it's just him, or maybe we bring along a young'n if we land one really soon.

Still feeling pangs of regret with Harden. If he fell to us, I feel like I might even be gameplanning here... trying to build a run-heavy, play-action, run-the-QB variation on our vanilla offense. I feel in my offense Harden might be neutral in the pass game, but surely could squeeze out better than 67 attempts. If we got him 120 carries like Levine, and he posted 7+ yards per, he'd be an offense-changer, right?

Anyway... the more likely path right away for us is just to try to make a couple of go-for-it free agent signings (or trades), and adjust our thinking like we are a serious contender. So, an impact pass rusher - affinity or not - and perhaps we make a move along the OL to get chemistry re-activated.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote