View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 10:30 AM   #4
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Junior golf is a year round sport. I've found youth tournaments offered all over the Southern California area. I hope to eventually put Skye into some of these events. But for now she'll just get her feet wet in the school events.

Catholic Youth Organization - Los Angeles
CYO is the governing body for Catholic youth athletics. They offer only three golf tournaments during the school year: Fall, Winter, and Spring Tournaments. Golfers are separated into three levels, "A" level (7th-8th grades), "B" level (5th-6th), and "C" level (3rd-4th). School team scores are calculated from the top 4 golfers in both "A" and "B" levels combined. "C" level is considered as development level, and its scores are not counted toward team scores. Individual awards are still considered, however.

Being in 3rd grade Skye is on the "C" team for her school in the CYO Los Angeles region. I'll call the team by their school mascot name: the Bobcats. She didn't play in the Fall Tournament, but did participate in the Winter Tournament held on January 26 of this year. I'll post the results in a separate post.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 01-31-2020 at 03:02 PM.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote