Thread: True Detective
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 03:43 PM   #350
TroyF
Coordinator

[quote=hollmt;3046961]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
But when you give me 8 or 9 major bad guys in a show, I expect to see more than 2 of them to pay the piper.
QUOTE]

Why? Why does it have to end in Rainbows and Unicorns? That is not real life. Season 1 actually solved squat when you think about it. This great season (and yes, I agree overall it was great) didn't really 'solve' anything. They caught one major creeper/monster who they chased for most the season and let our imaginations run wild about him. They then only displayed him for an hour. The real BIG BADS/monsters all got away with no idea who they were. There was obviously more than a couple bad guys involved in that mess, right? Right? They all got away.

I don't know. Just my opinion on it I guess. I am not a fan of always having to have a happy ending in every single movie/show. It just...isn't real.

I guess you didn't bother reading the first line of my post. Ya know, the one that said:

"I'll just add that there was simply no payoff at all. I don't need a happy ending. I don't need everything to be ok."

Read the first line there. There was simply no payoff to any of it. The show ends and I'm not happy. I'm not all that sad. I'm not angry. I'm not surprised at the two who died (expected those two to die and the final episode was leading to it from the start) I expect there to be some sort of payoff after sitting through 8 hours of a storyline. i don't care if it's anger the bad guys won, happiness the good guys did or the 5 billion levels of emotion I could feel in between.

Instead, I shrug my shoulders and my first thought is "I'm sure glad that is over"

The show was poor. Sorry, it just was.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote