View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #1
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Glimpses & Moments from "Undynasties"

Presumably most of us have various gaming projects going that haven't been given the full dynasty treatment but still have cool moments in them that seem worth sharing. That's the intent of this thread ... well, that and I wanted to mention this without threadjacking anybody else to do it

TEW 07, taking a crack at Mid-Atlantic with the D.O.T.T. mod, a promotion I've never actually run before.

Nice little sequence where World Champ Flair avoids giving Dusty a title shot (usually bringing in big names on loan or what not, deeming them more worthy), Terry Funk has been helping keep Rhodes battered & bruised. The Funkster finally gets his fill of Flair's botched interferences in his matches, an errant chair shot in a U.S. title match vs Steamboat eventually being the last straw. Dusty finally gets his match, only to see Funk attack Flair with a chair which both turned Funk face but also gave Naitch a DQ win (thus denying Dusty yet again).

Move forward to the next monthly big show, Funk vs Flair in the main (where Terry eventually wins the title clean) but Dusty/Blackjack Mulligan open the show with a World Tag title shot against Slater & Bob Orton, Jr ... only to be attacked & brutally beaten by the newest arrival to MACW: Bruiser Brody.

Which brings me to the cool part I wanted to share:
Can you imagine the first interview with The American Dream afterwards?

"Bruither Brody, you come down here and stick your nose in my bidness. Buss me in my head, stomp on me while I'm down. You a big man Bruither Brody, attack a man from behind like that. It's bad enuff to be in a ring with two sneaky snakes like Dirty Dick Slater and Bob Owton Junior, then you gotta put your nose in where don't belong. I don't know what yo prollem was Bruither Brody, but I know what yo problem is now."

{volume begins to rise as Rhodes continues, yanking off his cowboy hat to reveal a bandage high on his forehead).

THIS RIGHT HERE IS YO PROBLEM. You buss me in my head, fo'teen stitches on this son of a plumber. Sent me to the HOSPITAL, didn't know where I wuz. But they stitch me up and I know where I'm gonna be ... right up in YO FACE Bruither Brody. I'm gone take this Texas medium fist right here (a trembling Dream brandishes a fist to the camera & pauses for effect), I'm gone hit you in you left ear ... and see if I can't make it come out on the right."

I haven't enjoyed imagining anything in TEW so much in a long time as imagining interviews where Dusty tries to say Brody's name

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-16-2011 at 10:00 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote