View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 01:18 PM   #65
Germanicus
n00b

Voted and asked friends to do the same. For Steam users this takes a matter of seconds.

That aside, I noticed there were concerns about pricing in this thread and a lot of people have already given feedback on it, but I recalled some articles I had read regarding steam pricing and sales.

Valve's Gabe Newell Interview

This a bit old, but the experience is consistent with my own, and my PC gaming friends, all of whom make the vast majority of game purchases via Steam.

Basically the per unit pricing goes down significantly, but sales go up exponentially. Anecdotally, for me, There comes a point where the perceived value of the game matches up with the discount, and I am willing to buy something I "might want to play at some point." These are titles I would never really consider buying, but seem to be quality games. In a sense, I make the value pick.

This is reflected in Ars Technica's recent "Steam Guage" that launched here which shows us many people are buying games that they do not play, or play very little. Ars Technica Steam Guauge

Anyway... in case you missed these, I hope they are of some help. Have been playing FOF since the inaugural edition on and off, and very much hope FoF7 can jump into some mainstream success - the Football Sim genre needs it.