View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 10:14 PM   #2011
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

It is very important to gain back the trust of some of the 40%, so the first part is a yes. There will be some that will never be convinced but yeah, create a "change/communications program" and provide consistent messaging over the next 4 years on "this is how you know your vote was counted, this is how your vote was secured".

To your second part regarding suppression. You see it as suppression, and I can concede some of the GA proposed laws are suppression. But I don't see that all of it is suppression.

How is requiring an ID to get an absentee ballot is suppression?

How is not allowing a (presumably) partisan person from giving drinks/snacks a suppression?

How is asking that drop boxes be secured be suppression?

I think I have addressed each one of those questions.

I can't engage any more. I am a hard no on any suppression of registered
voters especially when it is not done due to any evidence of fraud but to calm the hurt feelings of fellow citizens who IMO don't see them as worthy of the right to vote.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote