Thread: Sports betting?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 11:40 AM   #5
Butter
Coordinator

I have been trying to figure out MLB a bit, and have basically just been combing through lots of information and then settling on what I feel are good picks for the day. I have been winning more than I'm losing so far on MLB.

Where I have hit a decent run, when I have time, is live betting on tennis. That's rough to do because most matches occur during the work day, but when I am able I certainly do. Live betting is very much about timing the match itself and trying not to get in at the worst odds, but trying to figure out when a match is about to swing momentum, or is in the middle of a swing. Plus, it's gotten me into watching more tennis, which I enjoy.

I do have Sirius / XM, but haven't spent much time on VSIN. It's actually programmed in, but it is like 33 of 36 presets so I don't spend much time there.

As far as parlays, my understanding is that those are a good way to lose money overall. Advice I have gotten to this point is to flat bet everything and only parlay when you have a very high degree of confidence. Which for me is not often.

What I find I have trouble with is narrowing it down to just a couple with high confidence. Which I guess if I could do on a regular basis, I could make money consistently. Instead, more common for me to end up with 8 plays and go 5-3 or 4-4 which is really just spinning your wheels.

I'll post some MLB plays here once I settle on today's and we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by Butter : 05-07-2019 at 11:48 AM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote