View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 04:00 AM   #18
Radii
Head Coach

I doublecheck the foul sliders to make sure I adjusted the shooting fouls correctly before getting into this one.

January 5th, 2010

Chicago (11-21) at Charlotte(12-20)

CHA:CHI
72:73 OVR
64:71 OFF
77:71 DEF

Chicago Scouting

PG Derrick Rose - 79 OVR - 17.1 ppg/6.8 apg - Good scorer, very good ball handler, average at best defender.

SG Kirk Hinrich - 78 OVR - 10.6 ppg - An outside shooter who is no threat to go inside, above average defense, above average ball handling.

SF Luol Deng - 73 OVR - 15.4 ppg/5.9 rpg - A threat to score both inside and outside, but not so much on the defensive end.

PF Tyrus Thomas - 67 OVR - 9.8 ppg/7.6 rpg - Thomas scouts out as a 'C' everywhere. Just not a lot to say about him.

C Joakim Noah - 68 OVR - 11.4 ppg/13.1 rpg - No skills, all hustle. Good post defense. Awful offensive ratings.

Scouting teams with only 12 scouting reports a month is pretty damn hard heh. Generalized grades don't really give a lot of info to go on here.

70 rated SG John Salmons scores 11.8 points off the bench, Brad Miller is good for 5 points and 4 boards and gives the Bulls size off the bench.

First Quarter

Charlotte 25
Chicago 23

Yeah, its a totally different game with that foul slider adjusted. This was great. We commit 5 fouls and Chicago commits 3. Derrick Rose scores 9 for the Bulls playing all 12 minutes. Wallace is the star though, Luol Deng is just slow by comparison. Wallace's first step is explosive and he blows by Deng with ease. He scores our first 7 points and our last 5 points, add a couple in the middle and he's got 15 points on 6-7 shooting. Felton has 2 fouls for us.

Second Quarter

Chicago 48
Charlotte 42

Chicago goes on a little run and leads by as much as 7. Tyrus Thomas is the player of the half with 10 points/6 boards/4 assists. Chicago has 11 free throws to our 5, the change in shooting fouls has made all the difference in the world towards evening this out. Rose leads Chicago with 15, Hinrich 11, Thomas 10. Wallace still has 15, he only played 3 minutes before sitting out the rest of the 2nd quarter. Tyson Chandler with 7, Henderson with 6, he burned Deng once and Thomas once for some very nice drives to the hoop.

Third Quarter

Chicago 71
Charlotte 63

Gerald Wallace missed a layup that could have cut the lead down to 4 with about 3 minutes left and triggered a Chicago run to push the lead up to double digits. Gerald Henderson gets it back down to 8 but we are in some trouble going into the final quarter. Rose is dominating the game with 24. I had felton on him most of the game, that's switched to Raja Bell now. My mistake for not doing so sooner... Rose is impressive to watch though. Wallace has 21 poitns/7 boards for us. Chandler 11, Henderson 10. Henderson has had a little bit of a breakout today with 10 points in just 11 minutes, a solid showing.

Fourth Quarter

8:40 to go - Chicago's last four points are after offensive boards, always frustrating. Its 75-69 Bulls.

5:10 to go - We're still down 6, the starting 5 is back in for both sides likely for the duration.

4:40 to go - Ugh, 85-75 Bulls. Felton just got stuffed big time driving to the basket by Noah.

2:35 to go - 87-81 Bulls. Noah with a followup jam that is very impressive looking but we get the lead down to 6 with a couple good looks to players cutting inside.

1:25 to go - God I hate Joakim Noah. Key blocked shot by him and its still 87-81, we had a good chance to cut it to four. We have the ball though, still down 6.

1:12 to go - Bell goes right by Hinrich and makes a layup. 87-83 Bulls, their ball.

Chicago gets a 3 point play on the next possession. Hinrich attacks but misses inside, Deng with the rebound and putback, fouled by Felton and his free throw puts them up 7 with less than a minute to go. That pretty much seals it.

Chicago 95
Charlotte 88

Derrick Rose only scores 2 in the 4th quarter, and I have to wonder if I would have won had I put Bell on him earlier.

Wallace: 27 points/9 boards
Bell: 17 points/5 assists
Chandler: 13 points/11 boards
Henderson: 10 points
Felton: 9 points/10 assists

Augustin was cold today, 0-4 from 3.

Rose led Chicago with 26 points/8 assists. Hinrich 16, Deng 13. Noah only scored 8, but he got 13 boards and it seemed like he was everywhere in the final 6 minutes or so.

Each team shot 45% from the field. Chicago was 20/25 from the line, we were 10/15. This game felt *much* better with that foul slider corrected. Big time whoops there from me.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote