Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 08:56 AM   #24
PilotMan
Head Coach

The Featherweight Title is on the line this week as Nolito Filisilda challenges Peter Badillio for the title. Fillisilda is putting his undefeated record on the line. Badillio has the better power and is a very aggressive fighter, while Fillisilda is very resilient. General opinion is that Badillio can’t hang with Fillisilda. The bookies agree as the odds are 2/5 on Fillisilda and 2/1 on Badillio.

The boys at Punishment Inc. continue to recover from their fights and I am starting to look for their next opponents. I have Lawerence McFarlane doing a lot of running and sparring, along with general fight training. I have Omar Acevedo working on the speed bag, running with McFarlane, and doing a lot of lifting. I need him to be a bit more nimble. He got hit more in the last match than he should have. He has good power, I need to get him to exploit it in the ring.

I called the manager of Jorge Abrecia, a lightweight journeyman, who happens to be ranked #122, to see if they might be interested in a fight. Ahhh...they said no. Oh well, I may need to take on another newbie. I really hate that. You just never know what you are walking into.

One more fight of note this week is the matchup of top ten heavyweights Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali. Ali is ranked #7 and Tyson is #10. Tyson can through the heavy punches and Ali can take them. Ali is much faster. How will this one turn out? Bookmakers are leaning toward Ali as he is at 1/4 odds, while the odds on Tyson are 10/3. I am in awe of Ali, and will lay a small 10k bet on him to win the fight.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote