View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 12:40 PM   #245
revrew
Team Chaplain

Season 8, Week 3: 3-0 Dragons visit 2-1 Dallas

Dallas brought the best rushing attack in the NFL thus far to the table, while Des Moines brought a defense decimated by injury. True, the Dragons still boast stud SS Mitch Plante, MLB Dale Griffin, and a hobbled but playing anyway DE Elias "Beast" Reese, but would it be enough?

Holy cow. The answer was YES.

The depleted Dragon D held Dallas to 0.92 yards per pass play on the day, while "Beast" and last year's 1st-round pick DE Bo Tremmel led the squad to 6 sacks.

Meanwhile, Corriveau, despite a down day overall, connected with WR2 Robbie "This is my breakout season" Thompson on 10 of 13 targets and hit his newly discovered pass-catching options FB Dwight Stanton, TE Kelvin Satterfield, and rookie RB2 Bubba Clayton for 8 more completions.

The game was tight, but in the first play of the second half, Dallas QB Joshua Evans heaved a deep, deep pass down the hashmarks, thinking his slot receiver could outrun Dragon SS Mitch Plante. No such luck. Plante snagged the ball, turned around at our own 11-yard-line … and then did the impossible. Bobbing, weaving, stiff-arming, streaking … an 89-yard pick-6, right through the entire Cowboy squad.

The play was a rallying cry for the Dragon D, which held fast and never allowed another score.

Dragons win again, 17-13.

The injuries, however, are killing us. Now missing every center on our roster and huge chunks of the defense, this is a ticking time bomb …
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote