View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 08:04 AM   #249
revrew
Team Chaplain

Season 8, Week 7: 6-0 Dragons host 3-2 Bears

After two seasons, the Bears cut Iowa Heisman winner and #1 overall draft pick QB Grayson Shello. The reality is, he was a bust and a locker room nightmare. We're talking Ryan Leaf-like in his complete flameout. He remains unsigned at this point, though if the Dragons see any long-term injuries, it wouldn't be surprising to see Des Moines snag the college superstar off the scrap heap.

Speaking of injuries, the Dragons see SEVEN players cleared from the injury list this week, including DE2 Ricardo "ManChild" Heuring and rookie CB1 Alfredo Hanson. CB2 Warren Sims, however, the veteran CB presence, broke his wrist in last week's tilt against the Giants and is expected to miss 7 weeks. The pass defense was already showing some chinks, and it's questionable whether Hanson's return will make up for Sims' departure.

In this contest, however, the Dragons played a near perfect game. Outside of some sacks allowed and some weakness in the secondary in the third quarter, the Dragons dominated this contest.

Des Moines racked up an uncharacteristic 172 yards rushing on 5.38 ypc (rookie RB2 Bubba Clayton proving to be an excellent third-down and change of pace back), and QB Dakota Corriveau completed 24 of 34 for 276 yards, 3 TDs, and zero INTs. WR2 Robbie "Sure I'm number 2?" Thompson hauled in 10 of 13 for 121 and a pair of scores. And once again, the Dragons opened the game on fire, scoring 24 points on their first 4 possessions.

Couple the flawless offensive performance with 7 sacks, generated by relentless pressure from the outside and mop-up sacks by our DTs, and the victory was never in doubt. Dragons win, 34-15.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote