View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 12:42 AM   #109
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Thought I'd add my voice as one who is enjoying the read. Do you think it's been a bit easy to create your little empire, given your start point?

Tell

As a hard corps EU2 vet, I know the engine. I know where the obvious pitfalls are. I know when to avoid inflation, I know when to push my country and when to back off. I understand why I shouldn;t have a high badboy, because I've been attacked by ten countries once with it. I know how to expand, and how to build a one province into a power. I understand the need to strike when an opponent's guard is down. Sometimes it fails, like the failed war against Dulkadir or Mamluks.

I also know how to use an ally, like Castille. I won my first war agaisnt Aragon, who was mnuch more powereful than I, by sneaking around bheind them while they played with Tuscany. That was clever warfare, but Ididn;t win on the battlefield. Then I won with Castille at my side, and that's easy. I planned to take out Aragon years before our first war. I know what's coming down the pike, because I've played the previous installmnet enough.

One thing that has surprised me - I am amazed at how the Ottomans haven't attacked me yet. I know its coming, but still, it's surprising. We have a positive relation with them.

Hope that helps!

Think about it in real time. In almost 100 years, I've taken southern Greece, a few islands, and most, but not all, of Italy with an outpost in North Africa. Tons of countries in history have expanded much quicker than that.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote