View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 10:46 AM   #111
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Campaigns At Home

I jack up maintenance and send out orders to my troops stationed at various areas around the map. I order war taxes raised, because I don’t think this will be an overly long war.

I had built 3000 calvary since the last war, to help our main troops. These are Eastern Steppe Calvary, and they look pretty good.

25 February, 1548 – I drive Venice out of Mantua and begin a siege.

12 March, 1548 – 3000 troops I had as a reserve begin a siege in Nice.

31 March, 1548 – Our 4 regiments of mercs from the last war arrive in Crete and begin a siege there.

3 May, 1548 – 1000 of our troops arrive in Corfu and begin a siege there.

29 May, 1548 – Two more regiments arrive in Corfu.

26 July, 1548 – Mantua fell before us.

6 August, 1548 –The siege of Brescia has begun.

28 August, 1548 – Crete fell.

8 September, 1548 – Nice fell before us.

25 November, 1548 – Corfu fall to us.

12 February, 1549 – RM: Sweden

13 February, 1549 – Brescia falls to us. Looks like we have a good hand at the negotiating table.

I offer peace for Brescia and Mantua. Venice disagrees. I order my main force to Venezia itself to bring the next peace offer on a pike.

4 March, 1549 – Austria and Hungary get into another hissy fight.

13 March, 1549 – I reject a Venetian offer of peace for Nice, Corfu, and they give up their claim to Lombardia. I have no desire for Nice.

19 April, 1549 – I win a battle in Liguria with my backup army after Venice tries to send it a few regiments to hit me from behind.

8 May, 1549 – Muscowy was annexed by Lithuania.

10 May, 1549 – We defeat the Venetian forces in Venezia and initiate the siege.

22 May, 1549 – RM: Lithuania.

5 June, 1549 – My backup army wins another battle in Lombardia.

7 July, 1549 – Venezia falls after a quick assault. We also win a small battle for Nice. Now, I think Venice will be more amenable to peace talks.

8 July, 1549 – Venice agrees to cede to us Mantua, Brescia and Crete for peace.

Crete –This island holds our fellow Greek brothers. I wanted to liberate at least one of the remaining Greek provinces. 17091 Catholic fishers send us 7.32 ducats annually. Crete is a core province of Venice. There is a workshop here.

Mantua – Just north of our holdings, Mantua is also a Lombard province. 52489 people grow and harvest grain, among the worst trade goods in the game. However, I needed to take Mantua because I wanted Brescia a lot, and Venice would have otherwise had a province in the middle of our Northern holdings. The Catholics here make us a little over 10 ducats annually, almost exclusively in taxes, and they already have a courthouse and a workshop. This is a core province of both us and Venice.

Brescia – The real plum of this war, Brescia is north of Mantua and east of Lombardia. Also a province of Lombard people, the approximately 102000 Catholics here work the cloth trade. Around 15 ducats are made here annually, almost split even between taxes and production. There is a temple, workshop and courthouse here. Venice claims this as a core province.

We are still at war with Genoa and Novgorod.

1 August, 1549 – I change our slider to be less innovate, so that I can finally make colonists. This will make our colonist production neutral, and I’ll need to inflate it somehow in order to actually get colonists. Our stability falls.

I fire Omar Belli, our production tech advisor and older gentlemen. I hire Murad Sukollo, an advisor who will give us 0.4 colonists a year. Thus, our artificial growth begins. See how I planned this all out long ago?

14 September, 1549 – I drive the Genoese forces away from Corsica and begin the siege.

14 April, 1550 – Corsica falls before us. Now, I could annex Genoa, again, and take Corsica. It’s a Mediterranean province, and I probably should. However, I already have some badboy from before. It’s not too bad, but I want to steer clear of harming myself by annexing this measly province.

So I order vassalization in the peace deal. I also demand 50 ducats. They give us both.

17 April, 1550 – Novgorod accepts our white peace offe

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-13-2007 at 11:44 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote