View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 07:00 PM   #136
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Another heads up that someone is reading this dynasty. Really good stuff. I'm interested whether you'll do much more in Europe or if colonization will be your main focus.

I have a question about the EU series of games. I had considered purchasing EU III. Since I have a new baby, my gaming is pretty much restricted to a laptop. I have a new one with a Intel 950 integrated chip, but I noticed on the EU III website that this game may not work with that chip.

With that said, are the other games (EU, EU II, CK) pretty solid as well? What would I be missing out on if I were to purchase one of the other games?

Heya!

I never played EU.

EU2 and EU3 are very similar, except that EU2 is a very event driven engine, and EU3 is more of the CK random event engine. I sorta miss the EU2 engine, to be honest. In EU2, China got a gauranteed early explorer (Zhang He), other nations got explorers and conquistadors at random, unless they traditionally had one, so Portugal got may, but in EU3, you can gt your own by setting the sliders, so thats beter and so forth.

CK is a different game in many respets - no COTs, very dynasty driven, etc. It's very good, but a different feel of a game. EU3 is still EU, CK has a different style and emphasis.

Hope taht helps.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote